Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Netflixable? "Offering to the Storm" finishes the Spanish Kill Baby Girls cult trilogy
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Movie Review: Arranged marriages with "A Suitable Girl" are more complicated than you think
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Don't cross your imaginary lover, not if she's named "Sylvia"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 20, 2014
They’ve turned their History Channel TV series into a New Testament movie. “The Bible” has been boiled down to “Son of God,” or at least “Bible” elements have been added to this faith-based feature film. Mark Burnett (“Survivor”) and his … Continue reading
Wes Anderson did it, Bill Murray did a Charlie Rose interview promoting it. It’s going to be daft and twee and all those words critics like to use about comedies that make you titter and smirk in wry recognition. Love … Continue reading
Kevin Costner and the director McG are plunged into the madcap mayhem of Monsieur Luc Besson in “3 Days to Kill,” a serio-comic thriller about mortality, murder for hire and fatherhood.This being a Besson script and production, it’s also about … Continue reading
Pity Paul W.S. Anderson. He’s directed so many awful movies, most of them with “Resident” and “Evil” in the title, that Sony-Tristar ineptly elected to dump his “Pompeii” at the end of February, to hide it from movie critics until … Continue reading