Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Classic Film Review: Brando, Woodward, Magnani and Stapleton and Tennessee Williams -- "The Fugitive Kind"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Netflixable? "Confessions of an Invisible Girl" include Brazilians and waxing
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 20, 2014
They’ve turned their History Channel TV series into a New Testament movie. “The Bible” has been boiled down to “Son of God,” or at least “Bible” elements have been added to this faith-based feature film. Mark Burnett (“Survivor”) and his … Continue reading
Wes Anderson did it, Bill Murray did a Charlie Rose interview promoting it. It’s going to be daft and twee and all those words critics like to use about comedies that make you titter and smirk in wry recognition. Love … Continue reading
Kevin Costner and the director McG are plunged into the madcap mayhem of Monsieur Luc Besson in “3 Days to Kill,” a serio-comic thriller about mortality, murder for hire and fatherhood.This being a Besson script and production, it’s also about … Continue reading
Pity Paul W.S. Anderson. He’s directed so many awful movies, most of them with “Resident” and “Evil” in the title, that Sony-Tristar ineptly elected to dump his “Pompeii” at the end of February, to hide it from movie critics until … Continue reading