Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Blaxploitation is back, and beautiful, with "Queen & Slim"
- Movie Review: "21 Bridges" is a bridge or two or three or four too far
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 20, 2014
They’ve turned their History Channel TV series into a New Testament movie. “The Bible” has been boiled down to “Son of God,” or at least “Bible” elements have been added to this faith-based feature film. Mark Burnett (“Survivor”) and his … Continue reading
Wes Anderson did it, Bill Murray did a Charlie Rose interview promoting it. It’s going to be daft and twee and all those words critics like to use about comedies that make you titter and smirk in wry recognition. Love … Continue reading
Kevin Costner and the director McG are plunged into the madcap mayhem of Monsieur Luc Besson in “3 Days to Kill,” a serio-comic thriller about mortality, murder for hire and fatherhood.This being a Besson script and production, it’s also about … Continue reading
Pity Paul W.S. Anderson. He’s directed so many awful movies, most of them with “Resident” and “Evil” in the title, that Sony-Tristar ineptly elected to dump his “Pompeii” at the end of February, to hide it from movie critics until … Continue reading