Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? The Mysterious quiet of "El Silencio es Bienvenido"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Movie Review: "Greater" is less than the sum of its jumbled up parts
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 19, 2014
Maybe. The tone’s right — this trailer’s a bit of a “Get the band together” stiff. But John C. Reilly, Djimon Honsou, a sort of “Firefly” take on galactic “heroes.” It could work. Summer.
”The Wind Rises” was a dream project for the great Japanese animator Hayao Miyazaki, and this gorgeous film makes a fine capstone for his career. But even though it has fanciful dream sequences and some of the most lovely hand-drawn … Continue reading
Think of “Therese Raquin,” the Emile Zola novel that is the inspiration for “In Secret”, as the original film noir. It has an illicit love affair, a murder and the guilt and fear of discovery that comes with it. Filmmaker … Continue reading