Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Norwegians serve up "Jaws" with Claws in "Viking Wolf"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? Documentary "Pamela" gives Anderson a chance at Her Side of "A Love Story"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 19, 2014
Maybe. The tone’s right — this trailer’s a bit of a “Get the band together” stiff. But John C. Reilly, Djimon Honsou, a sort of “Firefly” take on galactic “heroes.” It could work. Summer.
”The Wind Rises” was a dream project for the great Japanese animator Hayao Miyazaki, and this gorgeous film makes a fine capstone for his career. But even though it has fanciful dream sequences and some of the most lovely hand-drawn … Continue reading
Think of “Therese Raquin,” the Emile Zola novel that is the inspiration for “In Secret”, as the original film noir. It has an illicit love affair, a murder and the guilt and fear of discovery that comes with it. Filmmaker … Continue reading