Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint's still kickin', and ridin' -- "Cry Macho"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Netflixable? A "hot for teacher" thriller from Germany, "Black Island (Schwarze Insel)"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții) "
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 19, 2014
Maybe. The tone’s right — this trailer’s a bit of a “Get the band together” stiff. But John C. Reilly, Djimon Honsou, a sort of “Firefly” take on galactic “heroes.” It could work. Summer.
”The Wind Rises” was a dream project for the great Japanese animator Hayao Miyazaki, and this gorgeous film makes a fine capstone for his career. But even though it has fanciful dream sequences and some of the most lovely hand-drawn … Continue reading
Think of “Therese Raquin,” the Emile Zola novel that is the inspiration for “In Secret”, as the original film noir. It has an illicit love affair, a murder and the guilt and fear of discovery that comes with it. Filmmaker … Continue reading