Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 8, 2014
Any worries we had that John Cusack was going to have trouble finding roles as he circled the day he gets that AARP card in the mail are mollified by “Adult World.” Indie cinema will always have a place for … Continue reading
Friday night was big enough that “The Lego Movie,” with its biggest day today (Saturday) is projected to clear $60 million by late night Sunday. HUGE opening for an animated film in Feb. What’s more, there are two other animated … Continue reading
He’s an Oscar winning screenwriter who tackled a 700-page novel, adapting and directing “Winter’s Tale” for the big screen. DAunting. Not quite “Da Vinci Code” daunting, but tough enough. She’s one of the stars of this time-traveling romantic fantasy. And … Continue reading