Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A kidnapping, a kidnapper lost "In the Shadow of Iris"
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review: "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 12, 2014
Kevin Hart brings his “A” game to “About Last Night…” For those of us despairing that we’d ever see the little man at his antic best, after that lame second concert film and half-speed blockbuster “Ride Along,” that’s good news. … Continue reading
Kids, this is not your parents’ “Endless Love.” Scott Spencer’s novel of romantic obsession so strong that it flirts with mental illness has had its sharp edges rubbed off, its dramatic weight lifted and its focus shifted in this adaptation … Continue reading
These past few years, it’s been pretty hard to get Kevin Costner off his back porch. It’s in Aspen, so we kind of understand. He’s been raising three children under the age of 10, with his second wife, Christine. “Half … Continue reading
And then some. Yes, the woman who carried “Her” with just her sexy voice is shaking her other assets in this trailer. Oh my. “Alien seductress?” The hitchhikers in Scotland that she falls in with don’t stand a chance.
Mark Helprin’s thirty year old fantasy novel “Winter’s Tale” saunters onto the screen as a lovely but slow and emotionally austere experience, a romantic weeper that shortchanges the romance and the tears.< They threw Oscar winning screenwriter Akiva Goldsman (“A … Continue reading