Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint's still kickin', and ridin' -- "Cry Macho"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Netflixable? A "hot for teacher" thriller from Germany, "Black Island (Schwarze Insel)"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Dad's dead, and whatever killed him is causing his family "Woe"
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 26, 2014
The once and forever hobbit Frodo Elijah Wood has had a pretty interesting career post-Middle Earth. Not that a lot of people have noticed. He was terrific in a small role in “Sin City,” was perfect in “Everything is Illuminated,” … Continue reading
The label “durable” as in “durable leading man” has never fit Liam Neeson more than it does in these late career action pictures that have become his bread and butter since “Taken.” He still looks like he can take a … Continue reading
We should all be so lucky as to live in a world designed, peopled and manipulated by Wes Anderson. His latest film, “The Grand Budapest Hotel,” is a dark, daft and deft triumph of design details. From the purple velvet … Continue reading