Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Why is Anthony Hopkins in "Where Are You?"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: A Surprise Oscar nomination comes with Controversy, "To Leslie"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 23, 2022
Oscar winner Helen Mirren and Djimon Hounsou try to class up the most childish and lighthearted superhero franchise’s second installment. Yeah, cutting the trailer to an Eminem tune gives him “edge.” Not a bad niche to go for, kid friendliest … Continue reading
Wincott sounds like a lifetime of hard living and bad omens singing it in the movie. Here’s that hepcat Sheb Wooley showing us how it sounded originally.
March, 2023. “Nobody can kill everyone. Not even you.” Wanna bet? I think he’s still pissed about the dog. Just a theory. Fishburne and Reddick and Donnie Yen and Bill Skarsgård and Clancy Brown and Rina Sawayama and Hiroyuki Sanada … Continue reading
Westerner weighing in on this Around the World with Netflix thriller from Indonesia. Guys, maybe titling your picture, or letting Netflix retitle it “Ben & Jody” isn’t the most butch move you could have made. It’s like titling a macho, … Continue reading
I was chatting with a young blood/employee at the Florida marina where I live, and he started kvetching about his indifference to wearing Coppertone, Banana Boat or my choice in sunblock, Neutragena. “Young blood,” says I. “Don’t forget the sunscreen.” … Continue reading
Pandemic or poor buzz, based on its cryptic trailers and “Not everyone’s going to love this” reviews — or filmgoers leery of checking in for another self-indulgent “Us” ride — “Nope” is opening 36%/$20-25 million lower than Jordan Peele’s last … Continue reading
Sometimes you wonder if every over-40 white dude in America needs Lil Rel Howery as a confidante, the best friend willing to be the one to tell Your Average White Man “You’re outta your damned mind” when the need arises, … Continue reading
Remember how cute it was that Chris Pratt’s hero in “Guardians of the Galaxy” totes around a mix tape from his late mother? Planet to planet, stolen ship to shoot-out — all set to tunes like “Hooked on a Feeling” … Continue reading