Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: "Hellraiser" finds its feminine side
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- Movie Review: Disaster at sea -- "VampyrZ on a Boat"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Next screening? "Lyle Lyle Crocodile"
- Movie Review: An Irish road comedy with a Corpse -- "The Last Right"
- Movie Review: A Farrelly Brother and Zac Efron set out on "The Greatest Beer Run Ever"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 9, 2022
A solid, straightforward narrative — heavy on the history, light in melodrama — is the best recommendation for “A Call to Spy,” a true story of World War II and an American woman who joined British agents to do perform … Continue reading
Netflixable? Teen love limited to senior year, and nothing else — “Hellow, Goodbye and Everything in Between”
It wasn’t hard to track down a still shot from “Hello, Goodbye and Everything in Between” that captures how bland it is. And I needed that shot to make a point that this endless pop music montage masquerading as a … Continue reading
Amazon is releasing, what, a “teaser” a week for this new prequel series (I think I have that right) to J.R.R. Tolkien’s fantasy fiction epic? Another one is due July 14, so they say. Not a bad strategy. What do … Continue reading
“The Sea Beast” bolts off the screen with a photo-realistic CGI animated shipwreck and a bracing blast of high stakes mayhem as told by a plucky girl, reading a dime novel on sea serpents and those who hunt them — … Continue reading
For some reason, when I heard of sitcom mainstay Larry Storch’s passing at the grand old age of 99, this scene is what came to mind. Blake Edwards had a bit of a big screen comeback after “10,” and the … Continue reading
“Thor: Love and Thunder” had a great but not world beating Thursday night and Friday, $29 million in “previews” piling up to a $70 million Friday, and that points to a $140-150 million opening weekend, according to Deadline.com. Exhibitor Relations … Continue reading