Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: "Hellraiser" finds its feminine side
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- Movie Review: Disaster at sea -- "VampyrZ on a Boat"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: An Irish road comedy with a Corpse -- "The Last Right"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Next screening? "Lyle Lyle Crocodile"
- Movie Review: A Farrelly Brother and Zac Efron set out on "The Greatest Beer Run Ever"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 31, 2022
Classic Film Review: The magic, the madness and the manipulation of the movies are laid bare for “The Stunt Man” (1980)
“The Stunt Man” was the first cult film I remember seeing. Its storied pre-production history, years in the making, no studio wanting to distribute it until it won festival acclaim and played in Seattle (if I’m remembering the legend correctly) … Continue reading
Salons and barber shops, with their bitchy gossip, rotating cast of customer-characters and general jokey atmosphere are one of the most popular settings for comedies, no matter what culture you’re in. The Brazilian “A Cut Above” centers around a Rio … Continue reading
Looks lovely, maybe CG assisted stop motion animation puppets? Netflix this holiday season.