Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Why is Anthony Hopkins in "Where Are You?"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: A Surprise Oscar nomination comes with Controversy, "To Leslie"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 13, 2022
Australian “slacker rock” star Courtney Barnett and her longtime music video collaborator Danny Cohen team up for a Courtney-and-nothing-but documentary, “Anonymous Club.” It’s not so much an invitation into her world as a peek at it from an almost safe, emotionally-muted distance. She shows … Continue reading
Great White? Maybe a she, maybe a he. Aug. 26, “Maneater” makes chum out of a lot of young swimmers. Great locations. Australia? Just beautiful. Except for the blood, of course.
At certain points, relationships can develop their own momentum, careening headlong towards affirmation or collapse. And heaven help anybody trying to stall the inevitable, put the brakes on or turn “The Wheel.” Albee and Walker are hurtling towards the abyss … Continue reading
“He’s only dating you for the ‘WOKE’ points!” Fighting words in this Billy Porter (TV’s “Pose”) art school romance, with one character transitioning. July 22 on Amazon.
National foundation myths are dearly held, but the more recent the “foundation,” the trickier it is to get a myth out of the cold hard facts. On its surface, “Image of Victory” is a piece of Israeli agitprop, a triumphalist/martyred … Continue reading
You had me at “Irish.” And Olivia Colman. And “Joyriding.” This has some sort of regional distributor for that corner of Europe, no US one listed yet. They don’t even have Euro release dates. But again, Olivia Colman, Oscar winner, … Continue reading