Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: "Hellraiser" finds its feminine side
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- Movie Review: Disaster at sea -- "VampyrZ on a Boat"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Next screening? "Lyle Lyle Crocodile"
- Movie Review: An Irish road comedy with a Corpse -- "The Last Right"
- Movie Review: A Farrelly Brother and Zac Efron set out on "The Greatest Beer Run Ever"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 11, 2022
Netflixable? The untold story of zombies in the Spanish Civil War — “Valley of the Dead (Malnazidos)”
A Spanish Civil War action comedy with nationalist fascists, anti-fascists, Nazis and zombies, “Valley of the Dead” is the epitome of “high concept,” a movie so simple you can sum up its plot and/or potential appeal in a single line. … Continue reading
What a tricky, twisted thriller in a minor key “Gone in the Night” turns out to be. Well-cast and toying with a tetchy, testy subtext, its virtues tend to suck the life right out of its shortcomings. Ostensibly about an … Continue reading
I’m sure fans of the character-actor/gourmand Stanley Tucci can be forgiven for starting his new food-and-film memoir by flipping back to the 20th and final chapter to the “news hook” of the book. He had a mid-COVID battle with cancer, … Continue reading