Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Classic Film Review: Matthau Stars, Directs and flirts with his future wife in "Gangster Story" (1959)
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Netflixable? Brazil's "Just Short of Perfect" tries to transcend "shorty" jokes
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: A Grifter by Any Other Name? "Sharper"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: A Dolly Impersonator struggles to be "Seriously Red"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 3, 2022
ONLY at Universal Studios, Orlando! Ok, that’s getting ahead of ourselves. Soon, tho. Meanwhile, Universal does a little end zone dance for its two movies in cinemas at the moment.
The action bonafides are pretty solid for “The Terminal List,” a paranoid Big Conspiracy thriller now on Amazon. It’s based on a novel by Jack Carr, series creator David DiGilio scripted TV’s “Traveler,” Antoine “Training Day” Fuqua directed the pilot … Continue reading
“The Dark and the Wicked” is a quietly gloomy thriller that wraps a number of horror tropes up in a tidy, compact package. Writer-director Bryan Bertino (“The Strangers”) keeps his effects simple, his shocks few and his tone funereal in … Continue reading