Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Classic Film Review: Matthau Stars, Directs and flirts with his future wife in "Gangster Story" (1959)
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Netflixable? Brazil's "Just Short of Perfect" tries to transcend "shorty" jokes
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: A Grifter by Any Other Name? "Sharper"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: A Dolly Impersonator struggles to be "Seriously Red"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 21, 2022
Perhaps the writer-director of a film about a teacher having an affair with an unstable student (“Blame”) wasn’t the right choice for turning out a light-with-thoughtful-moments Zoey Deutch comedy about Internet fame-whoring and its consequences. “Not Okay” wants to be … Continue reading
Lost memories, abductions and an odyssey to find an abducted mother, all in this dreamy Aug. 12 release from Juno Films.
French music video veteran and sometime feature filmmaker (“Our Day Will Come”) Romain Gavris brings Netflix a French (subtitled) caper comedy with a mean streak, “Le monde est à toi” aka “The World is Yours.” It’s a “one last job/score” … Continue reading
The title “The Last Movie Stars” conveys a certain Hollywood mystique and history. And there’s little doubt that however they broke the mold, whatever their longevity as a couple, their acting reputations and charitable contributions, Oscar winners Joanne Woodward and … Continue reading