Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Why is Anthony Hopkins in "Where Are You?"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: A Surprise Oscar nomination comes with Controversy, "To Leslie"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 16, 2022
A dreamy South African parable of a bloody past coming back to haunt the present, “Jewel” never actually takes us into the infamous Sharpeville Massacre of 1960. This Around the World with Netflix story is about the ripples of pain … Continue reading
Their voices are high-pitched and giggly, their attention spans short and their uniform skirts shorter. Who would EVER think these dizzy young things are contract killers, petite Powerpuff Girls with itchy trigger fingers and their whole careers in front of … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: Tumbling “Thor” wins again, “Elvis” clears $100 million, “Crawdads” don’t sing the blues
“Thor: Love & Thunder” easily dominates the movie box office on its second weekend of release, getting no real competition from “Where the Crawdads Sing,” the adaptation of the popular novel, or a new cartoon, “Paws of Fury.” But the … Continue reading
“Umma” opened for a minute…and a minute only, last spring during its theatrical release. But even under the best of circumstances, with no pandemic, it had a limited ceiling. It’s a quality horror film seriously short of frights, with some … Continue reading