Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Classic Film Review: Matthau Stars, Directs and flirts with his future wife in "Gangster Story" (1959)
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Netflixable? Brazil's "Just Short of Perfect" tries to transcend "shorty" jokes
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: A Grifter by Any Other Name? "Sharper"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Movie Review: A Dolly Impersonator struggles to be "Seriously Red"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 5, 2022
Ever since the first trailer to Taika’s latest take on Thor I cannot get this damned tune out of my head, one of three GNR tunes in the tale. A fourth Guns N’Roses tune turns up in the open to … Continue reading
The Moray eel is a scary-looking sea creature that’s only really dangerous when it’s cornered. But hiding in the cracks and crevices of the deep, hunted as a delicacy, it’s pretty much “cornered” by default. That makes it an apt … Continue reading
The late mid-80s were the heyday of the “trouble on the farm” drama, movies that warned us of the perils of Big Ag and small town bank takeovers, just before the Monsanto menace became obvious, just after farmers voted themselves … Continue reading
A pandemic lockdown romance? July 22.
Grim stakes and goofiness, gods-bashing and GNR — that’s the latest Taika Waititi take on “the Space Viking,” “Thor: Love and Thunder.” Sure, every Marvel movie panders, cluttered with cross-over characters, self-aware jokes, Easter eggs and cameos. As someone who … Continue reading