Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Why is Anthony Hopkins in "Where Are You?"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: A Surprise Oscar nomination comes with Controversy, "To Leslie"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 2, 2022
Joseph “Joe” Turkel of Brooklyn, New York, made well over 100 appearances on film and TV, more if you add in video games. He died last week at the ripe old age of 94, a character actor who appeared in … Continue reading
Documentary Review: Holocaust photographers capture furtive images of “the final solution” “From Where They Stood (À pas aveugles)”
As World War II ground to its brutal conclusion, Germans and their occupied country collaborators hastily burned, blew up and buried as much of the evidence of “The Final Solution,” their mass internment and murder of European Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, … Continue reading
“Minions: The Rise of Gru” ate up over $10 million Thursday night, added another $38 million Friday and seems to be rolling to a $100 million weekend, $116-130 million by end of business Monday, July 4. By comparison, Pixar’s “Lightyear” … Continue reading
Steve Carell gave away the game about “Minions: The Rise of Gru,” during his interview with Seth Meyers the other night. It’s not just a movie for kids and their parents, but “grandparents” might give some thought to volunteering to … Continue reading
Screenwriter Yuri Baranovsky and director Mark Meir don’t go to any trouble at all in hiding their appreciation for, homage to and theft from Jordan Peele’s blockbuster, “Get Out.” So it’d be remiss of me to not talk about the … Continue reading