Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: "Hellraiser" finds its feminine side
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- Movie Review: Disaster at sea -- "VampyrZ on a Boat"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: An Irish road comedy with a Corpse -- "The Last Right"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Next screening? "Lyle Lyle Crocodile"
- Movie Review: A Farrelly Brother and Zac Efron set out on "The Greatest Beer Run Ever"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 20, 2022
You’ll recognize a face or two in this Aug 12 release from Well Go USA.
Into horror? Getting your horror fix the horror streamer Shudder? Here’s a teaser for an Aug. 16 release there.
“Bundles” is a cute, sassy and scruffy indie dramedy about women — especially Black women — and “good hair,” what they’ll go through to get it and how some folks figure out an illegal way to feed that need. And … Continue reading
Leave it to Jordan Peele to turn a fun twist on a summer saucer story/creature feature into a Major Motion Picture Event. “Nope” is Peele’s “Signs,” turning his camera away from the scalding racial satire of “Get Out” and the … Continue reading
The Cher-like Endless “Farewell Tour” that is the Halloween franchise brings back Jamie Lee one more time, Oct. 14.
“Too Old for Fairytales” is an aimless, amiable coming-of-age ramble about a video game addict who has to grow up — at least a little — when his mother gets sick. It’s a harmless and not utterly charmless Polish kids’ … Continue reading
This debut indie comedy got a little attention at Cannes, and picked up by A24. Looks cute. Comes our way Aug. 24, which is that notorious late August dumping ground for movies with low expectations.
He made a few mostly-forgotten films, but clay animation pioneer Will Vinton brought stop-motion animation back into vogue with his famous “California Raisins” TV commercials in the ’80s. Anyway, his role in bringing back the art form that was used … Continue reading