Top Posts & Pages
- So, what's going on with Peter Pan's presence in "Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers?"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? In "F*ck Love Too" the Dutch master the art of making crappy sequels
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Movie Preview: Gerard Butler and Jaime Alexander in "Last Seen Alive"
- Netflixable? Turkish veterans take a troubling road trip -- "Godspeed (Yoluc Acik Olsun)"
- Netflixable? A Soapy Sex Triangle from India in shades of "Cobalt Blue"
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 13, 2022
In the years since William Klein’s intimate “all access” tennis documentary “The French” came out, it’s been somewhat displaced as the definitive statement on that glorious era in tennis — the late’70s through the mid-’80s. “John McEnroe: In the Realm … Continue reading
If I hadn’t looked the director’s filmography, with titles like “Amityville Uprising” and the biker-chick thriller “Nation’s Fire,” I’d have leapt to some pretty seriously misguided conclusions about “The Godfather Buck,” a rich brothers hunting and bonding and sharing drama … Continue reading
Of course the cat, Bob the Scot, is voiced by Simon Pegg. Jane Fonda, Lil Rel, Whoopi and Pixar good luck charm John Ratzenberger also do voices. The Skydance animation isn’t dazzling, but it’s good enough for a TV-only feature … Continue reading
The serious and seriously posh actress is finding her career second wind in thrillers like “Resurrection,” which comes our way Aug. 5, thanks to IFC. A paranoid mother will do anything to “protect myself and my daughter from harm.”
Netflixable? “Honey, Let’s Tie the Knot (Nos Casamos? Si mi amor)” follows Peru’s “Si, mi Amor” couple to the altar
That quarrelsome, secrets-keeping couple from Cuzco are still saying “Si, mi amor (Yes, my love)” in “Let’s Tie the Knot, Honey (¿Nos casamos? Sí, mi amor),” an antic if not-quite-silly-enough sequel to their earlier Peruvian rom-com. Co-star Yiddá Eslava takes … Continue reading
Look at that face. Does it terrify you, fill you with dread at what a short-tempered child with telekinetic powers might do to you, the room you’re in or the trees outside? That’s one drawback to the new “Firestarter,” Blumhouse/Universal’s … Continue reading