Top Posts & Pages
- So, what's going on with Peter Pan's presence in "Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers?"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? In "F*ck Love Too" the Dutch master the art of making crappy sequels
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Movie Preview: Gerard Butler and Jaime Alexander in "Last Seen Alive"
- Netflixable? Turkish veterans take a troubling road trip -- "Godspeed (Yoluc Acik Olsun)"
- Netflixable? A Soapy Sex Triangle from India in shades of "Cobalt Blue"
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 7, 2022
Movie Review: Cruz, Banderas et al send up the pretention of Cannes and Cannes films in “Official Competition”
“Official Competition” is an arid farce about movies as “cinema,” the pretension of festivals and festival-honored films made by “critics’ darlings.” It’s built on scenes that either hit the bullseye, or miss the mark because of slow pacing and a … Continue reading
Mixed reviews and Sam Raimi’s offbeat turn toward horror in the third act haven’t dampened the box office impact of “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.” The film pulled in $36 million from Thursday, adding up to a $90 … Continue reading
Today’s DVD donation? Ang Lee’s breakout film, “Pushing Hands,” comes to the South Boston, Va. Public library
Ang Lee would go on to Oscar winning glory, helming “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon” and “Broke back Mountain.” But his debut feature was a touching and sometimes amusing fish-out-of-water story about an old widower trying to fit in with his … Continue reading
Bad news/good news time. Bad news, Justin Lin finally decided the high price of (Vin) Diesel was reason enough to bail out of the “Fast and Furious” franchise. He quit “Fast X.” Good news, Louis Leterrier, director of the tighter, … Continue reading