Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Fraser shines in capturing a life beached and foundering -- "The Whale"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 25, 2022
I couldn’t resist. I mean, isn’t it adorable that those digitally sense-dulling action beaters The Russo Brothers, of several utterly forgettable Marvel blockbusters, are being promoted as a brand now? Hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha. Ryan Gosling, Chris Evans, Ana de Armas and … Continue reading
I’m catching this one just before it opens because I’ve had conflicts at earlier showings, and I’ve never gotten past the first commercial break watching the animated series. Quite right, you have to invest in a sitcom with the sort … Continue reading
Michael McKean, Rainn Wilson and Larry Wilmore are among the co-stars this June 17 release has to offer. It’s a true story about a mathematical flaw in a particular corner of the lottery, and a math whiz who exploits it. … Continue reading
Sharlto Copley co-stars in this safari-gone-wrong thriller, featuring doting dad Idris Elba struggling to save his kids from a monstrous and ever-so-digital lion. August 19.
Well Go USA is putting this Sundance pic in theaters — some theaters anyway — June 3. Looks cute.
For everyone who chose not to chance COVID and show up in theaters to make “Jackass Forever” a box-office-boosting hit back in February, I get it. One could get downright sentimental over the idea that these lovable louts literally saved … Continue reading
The Cold War Soviet military provides a high-stakes backdrop for “Firebird,” the true story of a gay romance in a place where homosexuality wasn’t merely shunned and shamed, it was forbidden and persecuted. It’s a policy that returned under the … Continue reading