Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Santa Claus vs. the Kidnappers -- "Violent Night"
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "Glass Onion" finds the "Knives" still "Out," but duller
- Next Screening? Santa David Harbour faces down Johnny Legs? "Violent Night"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: Fraser shines in capturing a life beached and foundering -- "The Whale"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 1, 2022
Netflixable? Marriage across religious/ethnic lines is still a big, funny deal in Malaysia — “Kongsi Raya”
This is why we travel “Around the World with Netflix.” We peek into other cultures, weigh their differing values, mores and customs. Sometimes, we puzzle over how different we can be, from culture to culture, continent to continent. And sometimes, … Continue reading
The only wide release of note this weekend was the Liam Neeson Alzheimer’s action pic “Memory,” and despite delivering much of what was promised, it only earned $3.1 million on its opening weekend. The family audience continues to dominate movie … Continue reading
Roger Michell, the South African-born British director of theater, film and TV, passed away without notice (“undisclosed”) last fall, before his final two filmed works — one of them a new documentary about Britain’s longest reigning queen — were released. … Continue reading