Top Posts & Pages
- So, what's going on with Peter Pan's presence in "Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers?"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? In "F*ck Love Too" the Dutch master the art of making crappy sequels
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Movie Preview: Gerard Butler and Jaime Alexander in "Last Seen Alive"
- Netflixable? Turkish veterans take a troubling road trip -- "Godspeed (Yoluc Acik Olsun)"
- Netflixable? A Soapy Sex Triangle from India in shades of "Cobalt Blue"
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 11, 2022
Bogdan George Apetri’s “Miracle” is a thriller of deceptive simplicity and paralyzing jolts. The director of “Unidentified” and “Outbound” mesmerizes us with a tale in two acts, each a sort of day-in-the-life of two different modern Romanians. The first act … Continue reading
This is a real eye-popper. Literally. June 17.
Whatever Netflix’s other troubles at the moment, the fact that the might-have-peaked streamer gave Polish director Mateusz Rakowicz his first feature film credit, and that it’s “The Getaway King,” stands them in good stead in my book. A bracing, laugh-out-loud … Continue reading
What’s the trailer tell us? “I’ve inherited a villa in the South of France.” “Someone’s making a movie…at DOWNTON?” When a sitcom produced either of those plot twists, we’d use the phrase “jumped the shark” back in days of yore. … Continue reading
A beautiful woman alone in her expensive home, a husband always tied up with business, a handsome gardener who sure would like to “cool off” in her inviting pool. And by the way, he’s got this…partner. Sounds like a porn … Continue reading