Top Posts & Pages
- So, what's going on with Peter Pan's presence in "Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers?"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? In "F*ck Love Too" the Dutch master the art of making crappy sequels
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Movie Preview: Gerard Butler and Jaime Alexander in "Last Seen Alive"
- Netflixable? Turkish veterans take a troubling road trip -- "Godspeed (Yoluc Acik Olsun)"
- Netflixable? A Soapy Sex Triangle from India in shades of "Cobalt Blue"
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 10, 2022
This Sundance entry has a serious fizz about it. This Red Bandish trailer has three or four good giggles in it. Dining in America ” comes our way May 27.
A doomsday conspiracy thriller with Hopkins directing his “team” to save the day, from beyond the grave? Not a big name in the supporting cast. But just the sort of movie you can make in a pandemic. Self quarantined. Could … Continue reading
A somewhat frazzled turn by Christina Ricci and the ambition to try a big third act plot twist are the chief recommendations of “Monstrous,” a 1950s horror tale about a mother trying to save her son from something not wholly … Continue reading
“Mau” is a documentary about the Canadian thinker, futurist and designer Bruce Mau, a man who wants to make the world realize “your life is a designed life.” And if the design of that life, this profession, that cultural practice … Continue reading
The thriller “Thar” is a reminder that Sergio Leone’s Westerns can be adapted to any setting, and that nepotism isn’t just a Hollywood thing. “Thar” is a plodding desert borderland tale of drugs, murder and revenge, decorated with gunplay, gruesome … Continue reading
Kino Lorber picked this film festival darling up for June 3 release. Striking and unlike anything else “out there?” Oh yes.