Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A kidnapping, a kidnapper lost "In the Shadow of Iris"
- BOX OFFICE: And the winner is? "Marcel the Shell with Shoes On?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 26, 2022
As “Rogue One” is the best “Star Wars” movie since the original trilogy — don’t even bother to argue — I’m actually intrigued by this. Sort of a “beginnings of the rebellion” prequel? That’s a helluva lot more interesting than … Continue reading
They got a series out of this? June 24, Rowan A. adds to his car collection.
Kim Coates as…Satan? I can totally buy that. A tech guru is about to lose his company and his sanity. So why not invite old friends for a weekend in the country? Dana Abraham (who also scripted it) and Brenna … Continue reading
Snooker’s the game, and an Indian lad takes it up to avenge his father’s honor in “Toolsidas Junior,” an engaging feel-good dramedy as seen from both ends of the pool cue. Mridul Mahendra’s film may lack the whizz-bang showmanship of … Continue reading
It’s fitting that Ray Liotta died on a film set. Just not at age 67. Another of those actors who never stopped working, Liotta was on a set in the Dominican Republic, filming “Dangerous Waters,” when he took a nap … Continue reading
When the aliens visit, they might give us the standard “Take to me your leader” shtick. But if they’re young enough, they might be more interested in comparing farts. That’s the lesson of “Maika: The Girl from Another Galaxy,” a … Continue reading
First-time feature writer-director Seth McTigue co-stars in this thriller about a “prank” hired kidnapping birthday stunt that goes seriously off the rails when his brother hires the worst possible kidnappers. Roy Huang co-stars in “Take the Night,” which opens July. … Continue reading
“Bob’s Burgers” makes the journey to the big screen, a dozen years into its TV run, its rat-a-tat banter, goofy production numbers and screwball dilemmas faced with doom and ditzy optimism by its chinless-to-a-one animated cast intact. It plays like … Continue reading