Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: An Indian Village goes French New Wave, "Adieu, Godard"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Taiwanese mother considers whether to "Reclaim" the life she's given up for others
- "Top Gun: Maverick" comes back to the biggest IMAX (and mini max) screens this weekend
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
- Movie Review: Kids find Superhero Dad's "Secret Headquarters"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 31, 2022
Pierce Brosnan heads the supporting cast in this comic book adaptation, part of the DC Shazam thread of comic book storylines. Oct. 21.
Digital aerial combat has come a long ways since “Red Tails” and “Flyboys,” judging by the trailer of this October release. “Midway” raised the CGI bar. Those are F4U Corsairs, WWII vintage fighter-bombers, flying missions in the Korean War of … Continue reading
I had to look up this Dutch translation after taking in the tense, suspenseful World War II drama “Riphagen,” retitled “Riphagen: The Untouchable” for its Netflix release. “Nagelbijter” is the only Dutch word for it — “nail biter.” It’s a … Continue reading