Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Santa Claus vs. the Kidnappers -- "Violent Night"
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Next Screening? Santa David Harbour faces down Johnny Legs? "Violent Night"
- Netflixable? "Glass Onion" finds the "Knives" still "Out," but duller
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: Fraser shines in capturing a life beached and foundering -- "The Whale"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 14, 2022
A “party starter” played by a chap named Cooper Raiff finds love…Dakota Johnson? There’s a moony swooning period piece quality to it. Leslie Mann plays the too-understanding mom waiting for sonny boy to grow up and get a real job. … Continue reading
Documentary Review — “Echoes of the Empire: Beyond Genghis Khan” looks at historic and modern Mongolia
The filmmakers who gave us the Southeast Asia/Then and Now documentaries “They Call It Myanmar” and “Angkor Awakens” move north for their latest film. “Echoes of the Empire: Beyond Genghis Khan” gives us a summary of Mongolian history and samples … Continue reading
Sure, she’s a bit rusty. But even in her post “Cats” despair, Rebel Wilson should’ve known that 113 minutes of her going back to high school was never going to fly. Here’s the test that will tell you whether or … Continue reading
In a couple of days, I finally have a preview screening of “Top Gun: Maverick” that I can get to. And even though I expect to be dazzled by the aerial epic built around Tom Cruise, known for wanting to … Continue reading