Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: An Indian Village goes French New Wave, "Adieu, Godard"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Taiwanese mother considers whether to "Reclaim" the life she's given up for others
- "Top Gun: Maverick" comes back to the biggest IMAX (and mini max) screens this weekend
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
- Movie Review: Kids find Superhero Dad's "Secret Headquarters"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 28, 2022
By “Bridgerton” I mean the color blind casting that compensates for history and literature’s erasure of people of color from the Napoleonic Era and Britain on the cusp of the 18th century. The Shonda Rhimes sex and plenty of it … Continue reading
Here’s all you need to know about this ever-so-slight teen romance from Mexico, “Anonymously Yours.” It’s all about how two kids meet by mistake via texts, and decide to keep their “relationship” secret — “No personal information, no pictures, no … Continue reading
Forget the cop-out of an anti-climax that the makers of “The Policeman’s Lineage” insisted upon, and you’ve got a decent thriller built around the struggle for a young Korean cop’s soul. Director Lee Kyu-maan and screenwriter Bae Young-Ik set up … Continue reading
Tom Cruise’s biggest opening weekend ever proves that there was pent up demand for that “Top Gun” sequel, no matter how much time has passed or how middling the first movie was. Tuesday and Thursday previews rolled into Friday has … Continue reading
“Beast” is an awkward blend of camp, over-the-top action picture and even campier over-produced production numbers featuring gorgeous stars of the Indian cinema and a sea of sexily-choreographed Indian extras. Two and a half hours of slaughter, song and dance? … Continue reading