Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A drug dealer needs a bike racer to be his "Centaur"
- Netflixable? "Heart Parade" is a rom-com that goes to the (Dachshund) Dogs
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 19, 2022
Movie Preview: Oscar winner Jessica Chastain and Ralph Fiennes star in John Michael McDonagh’s “The Forgiven”
A tipsy drive in the North African desert, an accident and.. recriminations. McDonagh did “Calvary” and “The Guard” and is nobody’s idea of “the lesser McDonagh brother, even if his sibling did “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.”
Evangelos Odysseus Papathanassiou was born in Greece, sought pop stardom in Paris before his mastery of synthesizers got the attention of major film studios. As Vangelis, he scored “The Bounty,” “Blade Runner,” “1492,” “Alexander” and this film, whose opening is … Continue reading
There are so many film and TV versions of Ip Man, the legendary Hong Kong martial arts guru who taught Bruce Lee, that it’s pointless to try and keep track of them all. So let’s not even try. Life was … Continue reading
A gay Rom Com about inventing a “fake boyfriend” on social media to help poor Andrew finally leave a toxic lover behind, only to have the “fake” become a social media sensation? Sounds about right. Looks cute, and it beats … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Roth, McDonagh, Paz Vega and Ron Perlman work for Paul Schrader –“There Are No Saints Official Trailer”
Looks intense. Funny thing about “There Are No Saints.” I went to IMDb to look up the spelling of the leading man, and Shannon Sossaman. And the title isn’t listed. Not as a Schrader film, not as an acting gig … Continue reading
You’d be hard-pressed to think of a darker or more delicate subject for a “dark comedy” than a double-suicide. “On the Count of Three,” the debut feature of comic turned comic actor/director Jerrod Carmichael manages to pull that off. It’s … Continue reading
The full trailer to this eye popping thriller drops Friday. But there’s enough in this teaser to get one all worked up by the latest from Mr “Mad Max.”
The dystopian thriller “Mondocane” has the intentional misfortune — “unforced error” — of sharing its title with one of the most infamous “snuff” films of all time, 1962’s “Mondo Cane.” Get past that and this grim slice of sci-fi — … Continue reading
“Top Gun Maverick” is movie about how people don’t change, and how hit movie formulas shouldn’t be messed with. It’s a sentimental stroll through 1986’s “Top Gun” — a sentimental stroll at Mach whatever, pulling seven, eight or nine “G’s” … Continue reading