Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Workplace Ditzes in the Zoom Meeting era -- "Out of Office"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Netflixable? Belgian "Noise" eats up your quiet time as you try to make sense of it
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: May 8, 2022
Classic Film Review: Late Lang shimmers in “The Blue Gardenia” (1953)
One of the greatest and unlikeliest stories of a European expat finding Hollywood glory had to be the American career of the great Viennese auteur and innovator Fritz Lang, who fled the Nazis and left masterpieces such as “M” and … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Classic Film Review: Late Lang shimmers in “The Blue Gardenia” (1953)
Movie Preview: “Frank and Penelope” face the future with fierceness — because they have to
A thriller about an aimless, dangerous drifter and the stripper who might be his savior? Actor turned writer-director Sean Patrick Flanery wrote and directed this tale that turns towards horror, and which stars Billy Budinich and Caylee Cowan in the … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Preview: “Frank and Penelope” face the future with fierceness — because they have to