Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
- Netflixable? A drug dealer needs a bike racer to be his "Centaur"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 28, 2022
I made a joke over on Facebook about not watching the Oscars at all. Well, half joke. I don’t care about the awards or the show, and only tune in to get a feel for the evening. I caught the … Continue reading
A man of violence who throws in his lot to protect the defenseless was a movie trope long before Brandon de Wilde yelled “SHANE! Come back!” So let’s see how it fares in “Boon,” with veteran heavy Neal McDonough (“Walking … Continue reading
It’s been jarring to see the Walt Disney Company’s tepid, tone-deaf under-reaction to Florida’s “Don’t say ‘gay’ bill in light of everything that America’s greatest entertainment entertainment company has done that sends just the opposite message. Many have been shocked … Continue reading
With the “Top Gun” sequel firmly (Hah!) set for release on May 27, it occurred to me that I should at least re-familiarize myself with this icon of ’80s “High Concept” cinema. And then it occurred to me that I’ve … Continue reading
Yeah, that happened. A “GI Jane: II” joke from Chris Rock earns a mutter and eyeroll from Jada Pinkett Smith, and a HARD smack from Will Smith, storming the stage, and some pretty serious cussing from his seat, too. Not … Continue reading
You hear his name in films and on TV as a sort of inside British joke about pedophilia, but if you didn’t grow up with him on British radio and TV, you can’t really appreciate the scale of this public … Continue reading