Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
- Netflixable? A drug dealer needs a bike racer to be his "Centaur"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 31, 2022
The viewing event of the spring isn’t some streaming series on Hulu, Amazon, Disney or Netflix. It’s a an eye-popping motion picture event that demands to be seen in a cinema, preferably IMAX, to get the full overwhelming and immersive … Continue reading
Cute concept, and then they throw in a twist…a PUN on “Dual,” as in “duel to the DEATH.” This is the gonzo conceit that the director of “The Art of Self-Defense” came up with — sci-fi with a “we can’t … Continue reading
Documentaries are a great way of getting a quick summary of the history of this or that corner of the culture, subcultures we know little about. “Girls Can’t Surf” has that going for it, and if we’re not careful, we … Continue reading