Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
- Movie Review: "The Black Phone" rings up a horror homage to King, "Twilight Zone" and '70s Childhood
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 18, 2022
Jazz trumpeter Miles Davis didn’t do a lot of acting in his 65 years of hard playing, hard living and siring “Birth of the Cool.” But filmmakers knew that burning intensity and hoarse-whispered inscrutability would pop off the screen if … Continue reading
“Windfall” is a talky, dramatically-flat hostage thriller that’s probably best-appreciated as the most reliable sort of genre piece you can film under a pandemic lockdown. It’s not particularly suspenseful and not remotely original. But three pretty good actors gather together … Continue reading
Next screening? A “Doc Brown” (time travel) experiment goes wrong, resulting in “Madelines” all in a line
This is an interesting spin on that sci fi trope, and it comes out way April. 1.
Another “Cheaper by the Dozen?” With an inter-racial couple and their huge but “no, not a cult” family, tested by racism, mistrust and sudden affluence? Sure, why not. And no, that’s not a ringing endorsement for Disney’s latest reboot of … Continue reading