Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
- Netflixable? A drug dealer needs a bike racer to be his "Centaur"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 2, 2022
Sandra Bullock, Aaron Taylor Johnson, Zazie Beetz, Joey King and Logan Lerman are the costars in what could be a fusillade of summer fun, coming July 15.
April 1. Looks ferocious, it does. I was guessing Australia, not because of the accents, but because of the ferocity and the weapons and general savagery. But no. British to the hilt.
Well it’s not a dog lover’s movie, that’s for sure. Tales that involve but don’t star sled dogs rarely are. “Against the Ice,” the latest Greenland project from Danish “Game of Thrones” star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, recreates a little-known piece of … Continue reading
What do you follow the introspective look at “identity” that was “Inside/Out” and the reflections on what makes up the “Soul” with, if you’re an intellectually ambitious animation house that’s run out of ways to say “You’ve got a friend … Continue reading
A good rule of thumb about whether or not to watch a movie from the mid-1930s on into the 1950s is to ask, “Is Basil Rathbone in it?” The vulpine baritone with the steely gaze and plummy line-readings dressed up … Continue reading