Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: Skarsgård watches himself go down in the "Infinity Pool"
- Movie Review: Monaghan's a Mom who will do anything for her Boy who Craves "Blood"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: When Jazz and Love Don't Mix -- "Learn to Swim"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 7, 2022
There’s a “China Syndrome” coincidence greeting the arrival of “Fear” in North American cinemas this weekend. All those news reports about an outpouring of support for refugees fleeing Ukraine for points West have come with one seriously ugly sidebar. African … Continue reading
This promises to be an eye popper. April 1, Focus Features remind us that Noomi doesn’t mess around.
Movie Review: Kiersey, Alexandra and V. Hudgens star in Estrogen-singed vengeance tale — “Asking for It”
Avenging women punish sexist, abusive incels, frat-bros and “Men’s Movement” misogynists in “Asking for It,” a clunky piece of motion picture empowerment written and directed by a dude. Bit-player/production assistant Eamon O’Rourke looked at the gender/culture wars landscape and decided … Continue reading
Here’s your “buy in” moment for “Turning Red,” Pixar’s latest animated attempt to break the mold about what cartoons for kids can be about. Thirteen year-old over-achiever Meilin has been acting weird. She seems distracted at school. She’s peer-pressured beyond … Continue reading
Recognize any voices in this rotoscope animated film from the director of “Waking Life?” Maybe Jack Black? Zachary Levi? Yeah, it comes to Netflix April 1. Go figure.
Well, this looks sadistic, primal and dare one say it, “fun?” Catalina Sandina Moreno, Iwan Rheon, Tom Cullen, Inès Spiridonov and Will Kemp star in this Charles Dorfman, the producer of “Honest Thief” and “The Lost Daughter,” now trying his … Continue reading
Here’s a little “Around the World with Netflix” bauble that takes a dip into the lives of Crazy Rich Moroccans in the Netherlands. Its novelty is that setting, and the way it willfully upends cultural mores and expectations. Yes, it’s … Continue reading