Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
- Netflixable? A drug dealer needs a bike racer to be his "Centaur"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 7, 2022
There’s a “China Syndrome” coincidence greeting the arrival of “Fear” in North American cinemas this weekend. All those news reports about an outpouring of support for refugees fleeing Ukraine for points West have come with one seriously ugly sidebar. African … Continue reading
This promises to be an eye popper. April 1, Focus Features remind us that Noomi doesn’t mess around.
Movie Review: Kiersey, Alexandra and V. Hudgens star in Estrogen-singed vengeance tale — “Asking for It”
Avenging women punish sexist, abusive incels, frat-bros and “Men’s Movement” misogynists in “Asking for It,” a clunky piece of motion picture empowerment written and directed by a dude. Bit-player/production assistant Eamon O’Rourke looked at the gender/culture wars landscape and decided … Continue reading
Here’s your “buy in” moment for “Turning Red,” Pixar’s latest animated attempt to break the mold about what cartoons for kids can be about. Thirteen year-old over-achiever Meilin has been acting weird. She seems distracted at school. She’s peer-pressured beyond … Continue reading
Recognize any voices in this rotoscope animated film from the director of “Waking Life?” Maybe Jack Black? Zachary Levi? Yeah, it comes to Netflix April 1. Go figure.
Well, this looks sadistic, primal and dare one say it, “fun?” Catalina Sandina Moreno, Iwan Rheon, Tom Cullen, Inès Spiridonov and Will Kemp star in this Charles Dorfman, the producer of “Honest Thief” and “The Lost Daughter,” now trying his … Continue reading
Here’s a little “Around the World with Netflix” bauble that takes a dip into the lives of Crazy Rich Moroccans in the Netherlands. Its novelty is that setting, and the way it willfully upends cultural mores and expectations. Yes, it’s … Continue reading