Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
- Netflixable? A drug dealer needs a bike racer to be his "Centaur"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 5, 2022
A couple of concerns I’m sure theater owners, Warner Brothers and I shared about “The Batman” were — A) it’s too long, and the running time cuts down on the number of showings you can squeeze in, B) “franchise fatigue,” … Continue reading
Netflixable? Koreans look for Scurvy laughs without Johnny Depp — “The Pirates: The Last Royal Treasure”
Every place in time since the invention of the boat and everywhere there was commerce being moved over water, there have been pirates. That’s something Johnny Depp, Gore Verbinski and Disney belated got around to mentioning in their many rum-soaked … Continue reading
Someday, not someday soon, but someday the phrase “lockdown rom-com” will be alien to a generation that never had to improvise around a life and love life suddenly shut in and limited by a global pandemic. Here’s a cute-looking relic … Continue reading
What A24 is to challenging, arty cinema, Well Go USA is to the coolest action from Asia. It’s their brand and they rarely disappoint. “Spiritwalker” comes to various platforms April 24.