Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Fraser shines in capturing a life beached and foundering -- "The Whale"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Movie Review: Fathers and Mothers struggle with the issues of "The Son"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 5, 2022
A couple of concerns I’m sure theater owners, Warner Brothers and I shared about “The Batman” were — A) it’s too long, and the running time cuts down on the number of showings you can squeeze in, B) “franchise fatigue,” … Continue reading
Netflixable? Koreans look for Scurvy laughs without Johnny Depp — “The Pirates: The Last Royal Treasure”
Every place in time since the invention of the boat and everywhere there was commerce being moved over water, there have been pirates. That’s something Johnny Depp, Gore Verbinski and Disney belatedly got around to mentioning in their many rum-soaked … Continue reading
Someday, not someday soon, but someday the phrase “lockdown rom-com” will be alien to a generation that never had to improvise around a life and love life suddenly shut in and limited by a global pandemic. Here’s a cute-looking relic … Continue reading
What A24 is to challenging, arty cinema, Well Go USA is to the coolest action from Asia. It’s their brand and they rarely disappoint. “Spiritwalker” comes to various platforms April 24.