Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
- Netflixable? A drug dealer needs a bike racer to be his "Centaur"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 10, 2022
“Autumn Girl” is the “Mrs. Maisel stumbles into ‘All About Eve’” Polish musical biography you didn’t know you needed until it showed up in your Netflix queue. A few songs, a few laughs, a little sex, a lot of sexism … Continue reading
Beware the Clowns of March! Premiering on the Ides of March.
“What did you get us INTO?” Let that be a lesson to you, kids. “Exploited” exploits its way into our hearts tomorrow, March 11.
A famous Broadway actress (Leo) has her final curtain call interrupted by the news her son (Jake Weary) has died. This mystery thriller, also starring Bella Thorne, comes our way March 18.
In film buff slang, “Felliniesque” conveys a a lot of cinematic shorthand in just a single word. It can mean a self-conscious artist self-conscious about her or his self-consciousness. The word is almost synonymous with existential angst and cultural ennui. … Continue reading
“The Left Handed Gun” has a distinct pride of place in Paul Newman lore. He’d already risen to stardom, not nearly as quickly as Brando, but quick enough to earn the envy of his life-long rival, Steve McQueen.”Somebody Up There … Continue reading
It’s good to see JA found Jesus and cleaned up his potty mouth. And stopped casting relatives. April Fool’s…is when this comes to Netflix. Looks like he’s hoping to get a little Brit drollery into this farce about making a … Continue reading