Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Fraser shines in capturing a life beached and foundering -- "The Whale"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 1, 2022
Joanna is an English teacher at a Polish high school, battling student indifference and bursts of foul-mouthed exuberance on a daily basis. She’s married to Witek, the school’s headmaster, but he’s “falling apart” and sort of checked out of his … Continue reading
The children reveal their secrets, mainly to each other, in the Norwegian summer. The director of “Blind” and “Louder than Bombs” is behind “The Innocents.” This IFC thriller comes out May 13.
Movie Preview: Melissa Leo needs Bella Thorne’s help in getting her “Measure of Revenge” for her son’s OD death
Leo’s always good, and Thorne seems to hold her own opposite her in this. Avenging mom of a musician gets that revenge March 18.
Honestly, “The Office” ruined the “mockumentary” as a genre. There’s nothing like a long-running TV series, where everybody involved in front of and behind the camera forgets the original conceit of “We’re being candidly filmed while all this nonsense is … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Another Bit of Brit Nostalgia for New Wave music and the blokes who popularized it — “Schemers”
This Scottish period piece, about a budding concert promoter who books XTC and Iron Maiden and gets to say, “U-2? Never HAIRD’of’em,” is set in 1979 and into the early ’80s and looks gonzo and grungy and fun. Whatever the … Continue reading
I’m not sure I got “corporate reincarnation conspiracy” out of this trailer, to be honest. But that’s what “Chariot” is about. Check out Malkovich’s clown-red hair and understated sinister growl in this trailer for a film that also stars Thomas … Continue reading
Passing by, “Huda’s Salon” looks like any other hair salon any place hair salons can be found. Yes, it’s in the Middle East, so the all glass front has a coating of floral sun tinting decor. But inside, Huda banters … Continue reading