Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
- Netflixable? A drug dealer needs a bike racer to be his "Centaur"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 8, 2022
Encounters with real-life survivors of the Holocaust can be wrenchingly emotional. The stories of suffering and travail, the grim resignation of starvation and sudden, brutal death all around you, the soul-searing realization of the inhumanity of humanity can turn even … Continue reading
There’s no horror movie that’s ever been made that wouldn’t benefit from a proper blood-curdling scream, delivered at the right moment by a character under life-threatening distress. Screen veteran Melora Walters of “Dead Poet’s Society,” “Beneath the Leaves,” “Big Love” … Continue reading
There are more than a few laughs in the coming-of-age dramedy “The Invisible Thread,” about a teen coming to terms with himself and his life with “my two dads.” This Italian “Around the World with Netflix” outing (in Italian, or … Continue reading
This minimalist, mostly wordless depiction of a milk cow’s life, with human analogies as we see the world from two females’ point of view, has endless buzz, an April 8 release date and almost no awards season attention. “Cow” is … Continue reading