Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
- Movie Review: "The Black Phone" rings up a horror homage to King, "Twilight Zone" and '70s Childhood
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 26, 2022
“Schemers” is an autobiographical slice of Scottish whimsy about a 20ish lad who becomes a concert promoter just to impress a college girl in the Dundee, Scotland of the 1980s. As Davie McLean (Conor Berry) tells his tale — with … Continue reading
Hand it to Paramount. They keep making hay out of their most popular intellectual properties, “Star Trek,” and now “The Godfather.” Miles Teller plays producer/hustler Albert Ruddy, Matthew Goode is handsome slick and vain studio honcho Robert Evans, with Giovanni … Continue reading
The gold, or at least silver standard for teen heist movies was filmed way back in 2004. “The Perfect Score” was about breaking in and stealing the answers to that year’s SAT at the Princeton Testing Center, where such data … Continue reading
You know what this original trailer reinforces? The iconic characters, the legends playing them, the instantly recognizable music? It’s the idea that “The Godfather” was a “Star Wars” or “Harry Potter” for grownup film lovers. An alien universe obsessively detailed, … Continue reading
A high end housing development is going up on a big British farm that changed hands under unsavory circumstances, a development resented by locals, including the family that lost that farm, and all on ancient land with Druid legends attached … Continue reading