Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A drug dealer needs a bike racer to be his "Centaur"
- Netflixable? "Heart Parade" is a rom-com that goes to the (Dachshund) Dogs
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 27, 2022
This April 27 release (HBO Max) has a lot of star power — Foster, Danny DeVito, John Leguizamo and Peter Sarsgaard. And it was directed by Barry Levinson, Oscar winner for “Rain Man” and not working nearly as much as … Continue reading
Oscar winner Sandra Bullock, Channing Tatum, Daniel Radcliffe and a taste of Brad Pitt proved to be a winning line-up at the box office, as the derivative adventure comedy “The Lost City” racked up an impressive $31 million opening weekend. … Continue reading
The morning after watching Andrea Arnold’s wordless, moving and sometimes unsettling documentary “Cow,” I found myself crossing the vast Deseret Ranches, the Mormon church’s beef cattle country that dominates the flat plains between the coasts of south central Florida. And … Continue reading
Movie Review: Tblisi to “Brighton 4th,” an aged Father Tries to Settle Family Affairs the Only Ways he Knows How
Here’s a cinematic resume you don’t run across every day. Levan Tediashvili is an Olympic and world champion wrestler from Georgia — the one that used to be in the Soviet Union — turned actor and now film director. So … Continue reading