Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Fraser shines in capturing a life beached and foundering -- "The Whale"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 14, 2022
What a tepid treatment of an intriguing piece of murderous plotting “Measure of Revenge” turns out to be. It’s a star vehicle for Oscar winner Melissa Leo in which she plays a grande dame of the theater, a woman famous … Continue reading
Writer-director Pushpendra Singh’s “The Shepherdess and the Seven Songs” has a lyrical, folk parable simplicity that instantly summons up memories of India’s greatest filmmaker, Satyajit Ray. Singh’s poetic film tells us the story of a Kashmiri woman’s marriage into “another … Continue reading
April 8, it’s Sonic the Hedgehog vs. Knuckles the Hedgehog, and Jim Carrey vs. a very big mustache.
Netflixable? An inane Polish rom-com of Models, Product Placement and Disguises that Should Fool no one — “Squared Love”
“Squared Love” is a vapid little “Around the World with Netflix” bauble from Poland, a romance about a teacher whose side hustle is modeling. By day, Monika is a doting Polish elementary school teacher, an innovator beloved by her kids … Continue reading