Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Movie Review: "The Secret of Sinchanee" isn't worth sharing
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: "Halloween Kills," Halloween dies
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
Find a Movie Review
Monthly Archives: April 2021
May 7, a heist goes wrong and vengeance is mine, sayeth the Stath.
Heroes with skills, stealth and unimpeachable integrity, able to access vast Intel resources without a whole lot of effort, “ops” that go like clockwork until that moment they don’t and murky values and motives from those “On High” — welcome … Continue reading
The director later known as “The Master of Suspense” never lost his sense of humor. But it rather curdled into something dry and droll by the time he filmed “The Trouble With Harry” and his last “action comedy,” “North by … Continue reading
Truth be told, Christopher Walken has always worn his pants grandpa-high, his hats a little out-of-date. And he’s always grown a mean goatee, even in his silvery “legend of the cinema” years. So it’s no stretch thinking of him as … Continue reading
A little behind the scenes footage from the Aug. 27 release. The horror. The horror.
This late May release has Martin Scorsese’s backing.
“The Sleepless” is drama and romance at its most elemental and charming — just two insomniacs, meeting and chatting on a long walk through the empty streets of Brooklyn at dawn. Sometimes cute, occasionally touching and generally charming, it won’t … Continue reading
With older actors, the offers are scarce even for the great ones. So there’s always a risk that some unfortunate bit of timing will put a stinker out the week you began by winning yet another Academy Award. Well, that’s … Continue reading
Thanks to the Florida Film Festival for posting these fun photos (David Martinez photographer) from our Q&A with the regal Isabella Rossellini from last week. She was a delight to talk to, the audience had some fun questions and we’re … Continue reading
I dare say Peter Jackson’s given up on his plans to remake a favorite war film from his childhood, 1955’s “The Dam Busters.” He started talking it up upon release of the last of his Hobbit films, and figured since … Continue reading