Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Documentary Review: "Searching for Mr. Rugoff," remembering an art film icon
- Netflixable? Filipino Woman fights back when she becomes "The Girl with a Gun (Babae at Baril)"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 27, 2021
Movie Review: Norway’s Oscar contender tracks a marriage clinging to “Hope” after a cancer diagnosis
Anja looks pained, stricken. And Tomas picks up on that as they take their coats off at a Christmas party. “If it gets tough, we’ll stick together,” he offers. It’s already gotten “tough.” And he isn’t just talking about this … Continue reading
There’s a Hippocratic Oath that anybody tackling the romantic comedy about the mentally ill genre. You can be moon-eyed, optimistic, maybe a tad unrealistic. But “first, do no harm.” What, you didn’t realize this was a thing, a whole genre … Continue reading
Whatever else you can say about the charming and intimate documentary that follows a “Stray” dog through the streets of Istanbul, it’s a rare piece of positive PR for a Middle Eastern country that never makes the news for something … Continue reading