Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: A deep dive into Sugar Baby Life -- "Sugar Daddy"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 27, 2021
Movie Review: Norway’s Oscar contender tracks a marriage clinging to “Hope” after a cancer diagnosis
Anja looks pained, stricken. And Tomas picks up on that as they take their coats off at a Christmas party. “If it gets tough, we’ll stick together,” he offers. It’s already gotten “tough.” And he isn’t just talking about this … Continue reading
There’s a Hippocratic Oath that anybody tackling the romantic comedy about the mentally ill genre. You can be moon-eyed, optimistic, maybe a tad unrealistic. But “first, do no harm.” What, you didn’t realize this was a thing, a whole genre … Continue reading
Whatever else you can say about the charming and intimate documentary that follows a “Stray” dog through the streets of Istanbul, it’s a rare piece of positive PR for a Middle Eastern country that never makes the news for something … Continue reading