Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 27, 2021
Movie Review: Norway’s Oscar contender tracks a marriage clinging to “Hope” after a cancer diagnosis
Anja looks pained, stricken. And Tomas picks up on that as they take their coats off at a Christmas party. “If it gets tough, we’ll stick together,” he offers. It’s already gotten “tough.” And he isn’t just talking about this … Continue reading
There’s a Hippocratic Oath that anybody tackling the romantic comedy about the mentally ill genre. You can be moon-eyed, optimistic, maybe a tad unrealistic. But “first, do no harm.” What, you didn’t realize this was a thing, a whole genre … Continue reading
Whatever else you can say about the charming and intimate documentary that follows a “Stray” dog through the streets of Istanbul, it’s a rare piece of positive PR for a Middle Eastern country that never makes the news for something … Continue reading