Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 24, 2021
Long before this little “Thank you for your support” package was even dreamed up, I was swooning over this American Classic about houselessness not “homelessness.” They live on wheels on the road, the American migrants, the new “Okies,” in perpetual … Continue reading
Uneven performances and a dawdling, clunky script mute the impact of “Fatima,” the latest attempt to tell the story of “Our Lady of Fatima” in a way that doesn’t insult the faithful or earn ridicule from everybody else. This modern … Continue reading
“Dementer” is a horror tale of demonic possession and a cult survivor’s struggles to prevent it. But that simple narrative is taken somewhere unique by filmmaker Chad Crawford Kinkle. This low budget Satanic story is set in the world of … Continue reading
A long doc charting the rise and glory days of a pop queen, directed by a legitimate star doc maker (“The September Issue”). I think the embargo on reviewing this is Thursday, so watch for that then.