Top Posts & Pages
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: "Tom & Jerry" terrorize NYC
- Movie Review: Haunted by his dead wife "As Long as We Both Shall Live?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 16, 2021
Writers Guild nominates “Palm Springs” and “Ma Rainey,” “News of the World” and “Judas” for WGA Awards
This is an easily defended set of nominations for best original and adapted screenplays. Quibble with “Borat Subsequent Movie Film” if you want, the omission of “Mank.” But “Judas and the Black Messiah,” “News of the World,” “The White Tiger,” … Continue reading
You can’t review a movie based on the degree of difficulty in getting it finished. Even if it’s “Fitzcarraldo.” Ok, maybe if it’s “Fitzcatraldo.” The Canadians who filmed “Death Trip” suffered for their art. Characters run into the snow in … Continue reading
“Little Big Women” is a most watchable dry-eyed weeper about a family of Taiwanese women coming to grips with death, disappointment, and divorce, and those are just the “Ds” in their litany of woe. “Woe” is a bit strong here. … Continue reading
Good thrillers make you work to figure out what’s going on and assume you’re smart enough to do just that. Bad thrillers explain, explain and over-explain, as if you’re even dumber than the folks who made them. “Paranormal Prison” has … Continue reading
What are they selling here, aside from the obvious?
We will see what we see when we see it.