Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: Jolie is the you-know-what weight in "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Documentary Review: The perpetrators of The Holocaust, "just following orders," give their "Final Account"
- Movie Review: Rednecks pick the wrong gay couple to torture at "The Retreat"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 5, 2021
Maybe it’s a sign of how stressful and infuriating the last few years have been. But a lot of 90something legends of the screen, the last of their generation, are passing away in a torrent in the last of January … Continue reading
Not to be a broken record, but what are they NOT teaching in film school about editing and pace these days? Is everybody taking their filmmaking cues from limited series (streaming) television? Because up here and Down Under, I’m seeing … Continue reading
About fifteen minutes into “Bliss,” after we’ve been introduced to a lonely, newly-divorced and newly-drug-addicted office drone (Owen Wilson) falling under the spell of this bewitching off-the-grid woman (Salma Hayek), stay on your guard for the same resignation that swept … Continue reading