Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Documentary Review: The perpetrators of The Holocaust, "just following orders," give their "Final Account"
- Movie Review: Jolie is the you-know-what weight in "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 18, 2021
We’ve had decades to make up our minds about the scandalous Woody Allen-Mia Farrow split, with its horrific allegations of child sexual abuse. Newsweek, “60 Minutes” and others helped us come to a conclusion about all this right after the … Continue reading
The final act of a thriller is where the payoff lies. We’ve invested in the characters and relationships. We fear for them, and as we do, the suspense should build to the point where it weighs on you. “The Violent … Continue reading
Quiver had already announced it was re-issuing Ashley Judd’s breakout film, “Ruby in Paradise,” long before she had a near-disastrous accident in the Congo that put her in the news. Thankfully we can dive back into “Ruby” not as a … Continue reading
“A man comes in here at night and tries to kill us?” Night after night after night. Brea Grant wrote and stars in this”Won’t somebody believe me?” tale. A March release from the Shudderers. https://youtu.be/Jqt5AwfSnzk