Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Netflixable? "Swingers" in Spain? "More the Merrier (Donde Caben Dos)"
- Netflixable? Brazil's "Just Short of Perfect" tries to transcend "shorty" jokes
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
- Movie Review: Footballers stage a strike before "National Champions" can be crowned
- Movie Review: A Christmas Comedy with a Corpse -- "Twas the Night"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Del Toro remakes a dark classic,"Nightmare Alley"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 18, 2021
We’ve had decades to make up our minds about the scandalous Woody Allen-Mia Farrow split, with its horrific allegations of child sexual abuse. Newsweek, “60 Minutes” and others helped us come to a conclusion about all this right after the … Continue reading
The final act of a thriller is where the payoff lies. We’ve invested in the characters and relationships. We fear for them, and as we do, the suspense should build to the point where it weighs on you. “The Violent … Continue reading
Quiver had already announced it was re-issuing Ashley Judd’s breakout film, “Ruby in Paradise,” long before she had a near-disastrous accident in the Congo that put her in the news. Thankfully we can dive back into “Ruby” not as a … Continue reading
“A man comes in here at night and tries to kill us?” Night after night after night. Brea Grant wrote and stars in this”Won’t somebody believe me?” tale. A March release from the Shudderers. https://youtu.be/Jqt5AwfSnzk