Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Netflixable? "Swingers" in Spain? "More the Merrier (Donde Caben Dos)"
- Netflixable? Brazil's "Just Short of Perfect" tries to transcend "shorty" jokes
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
- Movie Review: A Christmas Comedy with a Corpse -- "Twas the Night"
- Movie Review: Footballers stage a strike before "National Champions" can be crowned
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Del Toro remakes a dark classic,"Nightmare Alley"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 17, 2021
Somewhere in the bowels of Mousewitz in deepest, darkest Burbank, a Disney executive is streaming Netflix’s “Goonies Lite” kid-pic “Finding ‘Ohana” and weeping into her Hermes clutch. Take some consolation in the fact that it gets lost in the whole … Continue reading
Rarely have still photos from a film so perfectly captured that indie horror thriller so well that a review seems redundant. “Dead Air” is as dazzling, chilling and spine-tingling as the two photos posted above. Get the picture? A “Frequency” … Continue reading
Sure, you’ve seen those TV ads starring this or that “ex-addict” now running a tony drug rehabilitation facility. Maybe you’ve seen news stories on addiction and rehab for fun and profit. Perhaps you caught the documentary American Relapse” from a … Continue reading
An early contender for the year’s worst title, this March 8 features Sean Young and Ed Asner in supporting roles.
Kids movies like “Flora & Ulysses” make you appreciate the acting profession. A talented, accomplished cast can be signed on to an effects-driven picture aimed at a very young audience. But the thing that makes them act the daylights out … Continue reading
Damn girl. Emma Thompson and Mark Strong also star in this May 28 release.
Finding a family friendly film involving animals and kids that co-stars living, breathing critters is proving more difficult with each digital upgrade that comes down the CGI pike. It’s not just digital chipmunks any more. If you can talk Harrison … Continue reading