Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Aileen Wuornos: American Boogeywoman" is trash, and not the good kind
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? Faith-based dance romance "Faith, Hope & Love" misses a step or three
- Movie Preview: Silverstone, a Tsunami and Sharks? "The Requin"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 23, 2021
Love, and a terminal diagnosis. Andrea Bræin Hovig and Stellan Skarsgård co-star as “artist partners” put to the relationship test when she is diagnosed with cancer. “Hope” is a shortlisted Oscar contender, so a nomination would ensure it’d get some … Continue reading
The director of “The Great Buddha +,” an award-winning Taiwanese crime dramedy, takes a stab at dark farce for his second feature film. He thought it’d be funny to title it “Classmates Minus,” as he’s made a dark and deadpan … Continue reading
Damn, blast and infernal curses. What have these well-meaning ninnies done to “Blithe Spirit?” A game, sometimes arch cast and lush period design are wasted on a film that bears a faint resemblance to the play by Noel Coward. Oh … Continue reading