Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? On the market, and ready for a lowball offer -- "Hostage House"
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Movie Review: Never bet against "Notorious Nick" in the Octagon
- Movie Review: A Different "Suicide Squad," a Lot More Laughs, and Slaughter
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Preview: "A Savage Nature" is a "true story" mass murder drama
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 23, 2021
Love, and a terminal diagnosis. Andrea Bræin Hovig and Stellan Skarsgård co-star as “artist partners” put to the relationship test when she is diagnosed with cancer. “Hope” is a shortlisted Oscar contender, so a nomination would ensure it’d get some … Continue reading
The director of “The Great Buddha +,” an award-winning Taiwanese crime dramedy, takes a stab at dark farce for his second feature film. He thought it’d be funny to title it “Classmates Minus,” as he’s made a dark and deadpan … Continue reading
Damn, blast and infernal curses. What have these well-meaning ninnies done to “Blithe Spirit?” A game, sometimes arch cast and lush period design are wasted on a film that bears a faint resemblance to the play by Noel Coward. Oh … Continue reading