Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: Jolie is the you-know-what weight in "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Documentary Review: The perpetrators of The Holocaust, "just following orders," give their "Final Account"
- Movie Review: Rednecks pick the wrong gay couple to torture at "The Retreat"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 23, 2021
Love, and a terminal diagnosis. Andrea Bræin Hovig and Stellan Skarsgård co-star as “artist partners” put to the relationship test when she is diagnosed with cancer. “Hope” is a shortlisted Oscar contender, so a nomination would ensure it’d get some … Continue reading
The director of “The Great Buddha +,” an award-winning Taiwanese crime dramedy, takes a stab at dark farce for his second feature film. He thought it’d be funny to title it “Classmates Minus,” as he’s made a dark and deadpan … Continue reading
Damn, blast and infernal curses. What have these well-meaning ninnies done to “Blithe Spirit?” A game, sometimes arch cast and lush period design are wasted on a film that bears a faint resemblance to the play by Noel Coward. Oh … Continue reading