Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? On the market, and ready for a lowball offer -- "Hostage House"
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Movie Review: Never bet against "Notorious Nick" in the Octagon
- Movie Review: A Different "Suicide Squad," a Lot More Laughs, and Slaughter
- Movie Preview: "A Savage Nature" is a "true story" mass murder drama
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 8, 2021
Movie Review: A French Government Minister can’t get a handle on his own kin — “The Holy Family (La sainte famille)”
In order to categorize the new film from actor turned actor-director Louis-Do de Lencquesaing a “comedy,” the viewer has to lead to a few assumptions. Because de Lencquesaing (“Cache” he starred in, “In a Rush” he wrote, directed and co-starred … Continue reading
A lovely looking March 5 release from the Mouse.
There aren’t many tropes I despise more than the “babbling finale,” thrillers with villains who summarize their many crimes and maybe their motives as well in that final, drawn-out and usually murderous confrontation. “Paradise Cove” isn’t wholly ruined by such … Continue reading
The filmmakers did “On the Record,” so they’re used to tackling controversy. Perhaps they will find fresh evidence or more conclusive evidence to support Mia Farrow and her family’s claims against Woody Allen. Perhaps they will renew our outrage over … Continue reading
This has a kernel of creepy about it
Coming this summer. That crowd at the Super Bowl, and in all those Super Spreader parties nationwide ensure it’ll be streaming, maybe in mostly empty theaters.
Disney Plus has the subscription builder. Marvel takes over TeeVee. Looks action packed and cute.