Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: A deep dive into Sugar Baby Life -- "Sugar Daddy"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 26, 2021
Henry Golding gives his most laid-back, natural screen performance in “Monsoon,” a melancholy Vietnamese travelogue and romance. The “Crazy Rich Asians” and “The Gentleman” star plays Kit, a Vietnamese expat raised in Britain who has returned to the homeland he … Continue reading
This March 26 comedy stars William Shatner as a leadfooted senior citizen who loses his license and may find love…if he can keep Jean Smart from taking up with “the artist” (Esai Morales). Shatner’s sidekick? Christopher Lloyd.
One of America’s greatest writers, Tim O’Brien was well over a decade past his last published book when filmmaker Aaron Matthews started following him around, filming a documentary. O’Brien was into his ’70s, and stopped writing basically when his sons … Continue reading
This production makes an almost instant hash of “The Girl on the Train,” a novel turned into a Hollywood thriller starring Emily Blunt a few years back. Heavy-handed, with hammy acting, silly and soap operatic, struggling to keep the plot … Continue reading
It’s a Tom & Jerry cartoon, so we’re not splitting the atom here. Besides, I’m pretty sure Jerry split that sucker over Tom’s noggin back in the ’50s, when they were at MGM. The “Tom & Jerry” movie is, first … Continue reading
Let’s see how this works out. Warner Brothers sent a screener in the wee hours of the morning, and I know from past experience that their screener system is one of limitless limitations (Smart TVs…and Android phones? WTF?). But it … Continue reading
Wise is the pop star who knows how to preserve a little mystery about themselves, even in the age of “over-sharing” and the microscope that is social media. Her most obsessed fans can find out bits of this and that. … Continue reading